GEOSCOPE Network (GEOSCOPE) consists of a series of tools permitting access to georeferenced data on the Internet. GEOSCOPE tools are:
- GEOSCOPE Network Server (UNIX or Windows NT) to catalogue, access, locate, present, and distribute georeferenced data. Those data are managed by way of metadata using ONGC, FGDC and ISO metadata standard;
- GEOSCOPE Network Global Server has the same functionality as GEOSCOPE Network Server, but it can also manage networks of GEOSCOPE Network Server;
- GEOSCOPE Network Client:
- connects to a GEOSCOPE Network Server;
- accesses the server network via a global geocatalogue;
- includes some geographic bases to facilitate the access;
- searches georeferenced data, gets information about them (metadata), visualises them, and orders them.
- Semantic analysis tool:
- permits the client and server to use different georeferenced data terms;
- is an inventory tool that catalogs georeferenced data locally and imports them on a GEOSCOPE Network Server.